My uncle is 54, and he is a cancer survivor. During the initial stage of his prostate cancer, he always had an urge to urinate, which he kept hidden from us. But, after a few days, my father noticed some differences in my uncle. My uncle had lost weight. When asked, he did not pay much attention to it, and we also did not bother much as he had informed us that he had no issue with his health. But this rapid and unintentional weight loss was not something that should be ignored. So, my father kept asking my uncle if he had any other health issues that he had been hiding. After asking numerous times, my uncle said that he had been suffering from some urological problems. He was facing trouble while peeing, and also, he had noticed blood in his urine. My father decided to take him to our home physician without delay. The doctor checked my uncle, prescribed a few tests such as MRI, ultrasound, etc., and asked my father to take my uncle to the best prostate cancer surgeon in Kolkata. My father acted accordingly. The reports came, and my uncle was diagnosed with prostate cancer. We took him to the prostate cancer surgeon as advised by our home physician. The surgeon immediately started my uncle’s treatment. As my uncle’s prostate cancer was in an advanced stage, his treatment included surgery, chemotherapy, and immunotherapy. It’s been 4 years now that my uncle is leading a normal life, thanks to the best prostate cancer surgeon in Kolkata.

Post a Comment

0 Comments